You’ve got stuff—everyone does. But not everyone has enough space for all of their stuff. That’s where self-storage units come in handy. Self-storage units can be a convenient way to store items; there’s a variety of self-storage options, and they’re offered at a variety of price points. Compared to other options such as renovating an existing building or renting additional rooms, self-storage units provide an economical alternative for people and businesses wishing to keep their assets and belongings in a secure location that’s protected from the environment.
But beyond the financial considerations, there are several reasons why increasing numbers of people are now using a self-storage unit as an extension of their personal or professional space. Here are five of the main ones.
- They are usually reliable in terms of keeping your belongings protected from weather, mice, or things getting “misplaced”, so you can rest easy that things will stay where you left them. Some storage facilities even offer insurance in case of any unfortunate events or circumstances, so these units have a solid leg up over your best friend’s attic.
- You can access your belongings whenever you want to with a key code and a key. In that way, it’s kind of like having a basement or garage of your very own, even if you live in a tiny apartment with zero storage space. You can keep things organized with shelving units and big tubs, so everything is always easily accessed.
- You can rent a storage unit for an unlimited amount of time, and you might even get a discount if you sign a contract to rent for an extended period. That means no sudden need to move your belongings out of someone’s house and find a new place for your precious trinkets.
- If this is a short-term relocation and you have a lot of belongings that you just can’t bear to part with, a self-storage unit is an easy and fairly inexpensive option for hanging on to your stuff. A word to the wise, however — make sure you really can’t part with it, or you’ll end up with a storage unit full of stuff you’ve forgotten about.
- Storage units are an incredibly helpful option for those in-between times, like when you’re moving out of your old home but haven’t yet moved into a new one. Or, if you’re relocating overseas or somewhere short-term, it’s a great way to tuck your household goods away so that they’re waiting for you when you return.
Get yourself a self-storage unit and you will never regret it!